COVID-19 Procedures & Protocols
In effort to reopen the oasis known as my office in a safe, ethical & health-conscious way, the following protocols will be in place starting JUNE 1ST. In this new paradigm, it will take intentional effort & accountability from both practitioners and clients to ensure collective wellness and protection.
Please take a few moments to read through these updated policies and protocols!
PERSONAL PROTECTION PROTOCOL
- Masks must be worn in the office and community areas at all times, covering both the nose and mouth. You must provide our own mask/face covering.
- Hands must be sanitized before and after touching your face or adjusting your mask.
-Hands must be washed immediately upon arrival at the studio.
-There will be hand sanitizer located in the office for your health and wellbeing.
APPOINTMENT WELLNESS PRE-SCREENING
- An online COVID-19 pre-screening is required for all appointment bookings. This can be found here. I will also be emailing the upcoming week's appointments over each weekend to remind/deliver this required form.
- If you arrive for your appointment and display any COVID-19 related symptoms, you will be turned away.
SCHEDULING & PAYMENT PROTOCOL
- To minimize your time in the office, it is encouraged to book your appointments online.
- Payment protocols now are cashless. You can chose to pay at time of service as usual with debit/credit or you can request an invoice to emailed ahead of time by Lauren. Please note this must be requested no earlier than 48 hours prior to your scheduled session and must be paid by 9am day of your appointment.
- CHECKS AND CASH CANNOT BE ACCEPTED FOR PAYMENT FOR SERVICES AT THIS TIME
-I will not be operating a "Cash drawer" for change as I have in the past per the contactless payment requirements.
-If paying at time of session, you will be paying via my PayPal Business Terminal. It does accept touches pay like Apple Pay. If needing to swipe a card you will be required to handle your own card. Payment signing will occur on my iPad which is sanitized between every use.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your session. If you arrive beforehand, please wait in your vehicle. Since we are in a shared office space I cannot officially close my waiting area, but the opening guidelines requires my business to operate without clients waiting in public spaces.
-Only the client is allowed to attend and be present for the session. If anyone is traveling with you they must wait outside in their car.
-Upon entering the office space please head directly to my office (or the restroom). We must complete an appointment wellness screening. This covers your body temperature check from that day prior to your session, reviewing any signs or "red flags" that would deem it unsafe to proceed with appointment. This will also include signing off on your informed consent for treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
-There will be a plastic tray marked on a counter for all your non-clothing items (phone, keys, etc). Please ensure that all items are stored on top of that tray. The less surfaces you and your belongings touch the safer we both are! I encourage you to keep as much non-essential items in your car during your session.
-There will be a laundry basket set up for storage of all clothing (aside from shoes). This again is to minimize the contact your personal belongings have with surfaces in the office.
- Lauren will be wearing a mask at all times. I now you're used to seeing my big smile upon arriving, but I'm smiling under my mask, even doing cartwheels to see you!
- No hugging or hand shaking permitted. In the spirit of maintaining social distancing the only allowed contact is within the therapeutic session. Please know that I'm greeting you and sending you off with the biggest of well wishes and hugs.
-For those who have been with me for awhile, you know that I love working barefoot. With the protocols of limiting exposure, I will not be padding around hippie style for the near future.
-I will be working with an apron on to allow proper sanitization between clients.
- Lauren will be screened daily for fever, cough, and any other illness-related symptoms.
- Additional info on office sanitation and disinfectant protocols available upon request.
- At this time bottled water will not be available for giving out. Please bring your own post-session beverage.
-No outside products are allowed to be used at this time. I carry a full range of organic (scented and unscented) to ensure all clients have access to safe products.
- I am building in ample time between sessions for intensive disinfecting & sanitation protocols to ensure a safe and pleasant experience for all my clients. Please be patient as we work with these new protocols for treatments.
NEW CLIENT PROCEDURES
- All new first time massage/bodywork clients must complete the intake form. In the past this form was completed in the office. However with the new protocols this has changed.
-The Intake Form can be found here. Lauren will be emailing it out a week prior to your appointment in addition. If you have any questions, please contact Lauren directly.
-New clients still follow the guideline of arriving 5 minutes prior to their scheduled start time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Lauren via email or text to discuss prior to your scheduled appointment. I truly am looking forward to helping all of you regain some sense of grounding and centeredness as we progress forward.